Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Almost Spring Gathering
Thursday, March 21, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM (PDT)
Going to the Public for Conservation
Learning about land and water funding around the Bay Area
A significant source of funding for land conservation in the Bay Area is voter approved measures. Look closely at any county and its open spaces and you’ll discover a funding measure that played a major role in the protection of the land. The region faces decreased funding for conservation overall and plans for more bonds and funding measures are in the works around the Bay Area. At our Almost Spring Gathering we will hear presentations about:
- Overall lessons learned for the Bay Area from Measure A in Marin
- Using poll data and social media with Measure B in Santa Clara
- Raising regional resources for the Restoration Authority
Rosemary Cameron, who has worked on several funding measures, will moderate the panel. Between each presentation there will be an opportunity to ask questions of the panelists and discuss each measure.
The Almost Spring Gathering will take place on March 21 from 10am-1pm at the David Brower Center in downtown Berkeley. The program will run from 10am-12pm and a free and organic lunch will be served from 12pm-1pm.
If you are unable to attend, please let us know ASAP. There is a waitlist for this event.
On the day of the event,
- Watch the event on our blog. We will be live-blogging so refresh every 10 minutes or so for pictures, presentations, quotable quotes and more. See how we've done it in the past.
- Follow the event on Twitter with #OSC321. We will be tweeting throughout and welcome questions from you.
When & Where
Bay Area Open Space Council
The Bay Area Open Space Council is a collaborative of member organizations actively involved in permanently protecting and stewarding important parks, trails and agricultural lands in the ten-county San Francisco Bay Area.